Wow this made me really emotional, it's a good game tho, great job
Explore the life of a teenager struggling with the everyday tasks of society. Attempt to improve their mental state day by day, talking to people and completing homework. Learn their story through these tasks, try to understand what they're going through.
- Use the mouse to click on objects in the room and to interact with the text in conversations.
- Press any keys on your keyboard to interact with the computer.
- Mash space bar to wake up.
How to Play
- You must go through each day, completing either a phone or door conversation while trying to mostly get positive responses to the questions that are shown. Should you fail this then you will end up repeating days, however if you succeed you will advance to the next segment of the story.
- You will also need to complete a homework assignment each day, revealing more about the character in the story and their mental state.
- Succeed 10 times to fully understand the character and what they're going through.
Refer to the controls for more information about how to interact with the game.
Developed by William Akins, Ardhan Fadhlurrahman & Nicholas Clifton for the JAMMIND game jam.
'JAMMIND aims to bring together video game developers, mental health researchers and clinicians, and mental health campaigners to create a variety of games aimed at accurate and positive portrayals of mental health.'
Link to the JAMMIND page: Click Here
Download the game zip file, once downloaded extract it using a program such as the Windows extraction tool or 7-zip. Finally double click on 'JAMMIND 2018' to launch the game.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
this gave me goose-bumps; the good kind of goose-bumps. this was really good, thank you
can't even run the game it keeps crashing... crash handler does nothing.... and no logs saved... fun
I'm better at talking about my problems in this game than irl slkdfj. The eye opening, the amount of input needed of the player to do basic tasks, and the painful essays really immersed me. The fact they where all for school subjects just cemented that we have nowhere else to go with this. Thank you for the ending <3
so cool 1000 gae si want the one you have to downlooad to be free pls
it was i nice game i found it cool when talking to people like answering the door or phone the sentances were floating around on screen making it difficult to choose what to say.! good game :) thanks
I am not completely sure how I go here, but, it was a really enjoyable experience.
I needed this. Thank You <3
This is a really good story. The parents of this person are really nice, just like their friends. I wish I had someone like that. I struggle with the same things yet have no support. I really like the part where you actually need to type through the whole last page to get to pressing the button. Thank you for creating this game, it is amazing and interesting. Especially well made the thoughts of the person...
wow... this was extremely sad, but a good story. It tells you no matter how much you want to get help or how bad your life is, someone is always there for you.